Alfurqan Islamic Centre organises different activities for the youth of the community. Youth work helps young people learn about themselves, others and society through activities that combine enjoyment, challenge, learning and achievement. It is a developmental process that starts in places and at times when young people themselves are ready to engage, learn, and make use of it. The relationship between our youth workers and young people is central to these processes.
- Youth diversion activities and sports.
- Youth counselling. Currently searching for volunteers who can counsel or mentor Muslim youth who may be having problems at home or in school.
- Youth Outreach, including but not limited to programs, lectures, camps, etc. to encourage youth to come to the masjid and adopt positive role models from the community.
- Youth Support, including but not limited to after-school programs, homework held, after-school care, etc.
- Responsibility for implementing and overseeing any leadership programs.
- Responsibility for any other youth-related activities and services.
- Youth Advocacy, including but not limited to helping students to get a prayer area at their school or college, defending those who want to leave college for Jumuah, or young women who want to wear Hijab to school.