To be a centre for the preservation of the faith and identity of the Muslim community
Educating, empowering & serving the needs of the Muslim & wider community
Alfurqan Islamic Centre is located in Manchester, one of the most exciting places in the UK right now and one of the top 5 locales with the largest Muslim populations of 122,962.
Recent analysis linking Census data with the Index of Multiple Deprivation indicates that approximately 40% of the Muslim population of England reside in the most deprived fifth of local authority districts; whilst just under approximately 6% of Muslims live in the most affluent fifth of local authority districts.
Therefore, AIC of an exciting growth project targeting both people and premises.
Alfurqan Islamic Centre in Manchester aims to promote the true message of Islam, uniting Muslims to grow, while working to build positive relations with all communities.
Our mission is educating, empowering and serving the needs of the Greater Manchester Muslim & the wider community.
Our dream has always been to develop a broad-based, representative organisation for all Muslims in Manchester, accommodating and reflecting the variety of social and cultural backgrounds, in line with authentic Islamic principles.
Hence, the leadership team has been successful to build a very active, busy and productive Centre in the UK North, attracting Muslims and non-Muslims alike as follows
Stats & Facts
The top 5 locales with the largest Muslim populations
Live in the most deprived areas of the country.
Live in the most affluent
Partners We've Worked With
What We Stand For
These Are The Six Uncompromising Actions We Take Everyday to Achieve Our Goals:
Our Last 18 Months
• Attract over 1000 young people weekly and 200 youth activities annually
• Attract over 300 young boys weekly – workshops, talks/lectures, sports and social events
• Attract over 200 young ladies weekly – workshops, talks/lectures, sports and social events
• Our Sisters Corner has events for 70 -100 young females individuals weekly and organises 50 activities annually
• Attract around 500 families every weekend for different activities
• 150 workshops, talks/lectures, sports and social events for the public and students annually
• Volunteering – In partnership with Mosque and community centres – Eid in the park events (25K) people attend 2 bi-annually
• REBOOT – National examination tutoring support for over 200 in pre-covid times
• Serve thousands of local and overseas university students
• Special consultations for Government and Non-governmental organisations
• Partnership work with over 100 partners (Government, Charities, NHS, Companies, Universities, Schools, Madrassahs and Speakers)
• Outreach work annually – about 100 events/talks for schools, universities and other partners
• 100 local and 20 guest speakers or experts visit annually
• Several annual conference events (youth, sisters and general public).
Help Us Make A Local Impact
Donate & Help Build a Better Tomorrow